[Ibogaine] iboga

Chris Jenks chris at jenks.us
Tue Aug 26 17:02:21 CDT 2014

   The 2014 GITA conference presentations are archived at
http://ibogainealliance.org/durban-2014/schedule but you have to register
to see them. It looks like there is no video for my presentation. I plan
to post my slides soon and I should have an audio recording of my
presentation to post.

   The abstract for my presentation (and Ben's) was:

Ben De Loenen & Chris Jenks
Ibogaine Data Analysis Results

Due to the increased popularity of ibogaine and iboga extracts, more and
more vendors offer root bark, iboga extracts and ibogaine hydrochloride
through the Internet. Both the origin of these materials and chemical
processing conditions, such as product purity and their possible
contaminants are often unknown, which may cause additional risk in the use
of these materials.

ICEERS initiated a scientific and risk reduction initiative in
collaboration with the biomedical research center IMIM and Energy Control
(ABD), both based in Barcelona, for which we collected 23 samples of iboga
materials, and analyzed them both qualitatively, determining the alcaloid
content, and quantitatively, determining the exact quantities of ibogaine,
ibogamine and voacangine. We found large differences in potency of the
samples, sometimes different batches of the same provider and analyzed a
few false iboga root bark and contaminated samples. This presentation will
discuss the results.