[Ibogaine] Krockodil

Matt S. ibogamail at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 17:43:39 CDT 2013

HI Val

I don't know the answers to all of those questions.  I knew about
krokodil because drug use in general is a topic that is very much of
interest to me on pretty much every level, so I read a lot about every
aspect of it.  There is another thing I read about where people are
shooting up buproprion (aka wellbutrin, aka zyban) because it has a sort
of stimulant effect.  I actually did notice the same and used to take
like 4 at a time once in a while for the buzz, although thank God I
never injected it.  Apparently the filler material causes tissue to
dissolve.  I read that a few people who had hit unlucky arteries had
wound up having massive neural tissue disintegrate within hours of
injecting it causing paralysis and then death.  Other people have had
less severe although still serious tissue damage.

But I do know why they do it, because they can't not do it.  If you can
make desomorphine which is purported to be 8 to 10 times stronger than
morphine from codeine, then it totally seems like something a drug
addict who had access to codeine but not heroin or morphine would be
interested in doing.  I remember doing drug cocktails or large
injections where I wasn't sure if it was going to kill me or not, and
then just doing it anyway.  If people could control their behavior
around it then it wouldn't really be addiction.

I remember when I found out about those bum fights tapes that some
asshat had made where he bribed homeless addicts with alcohol and crack
to do horrible and humiliating shit so he could tape it.  It made me
really upset because I knew I could easily have been one of those poor
bastards under similar circumstances.  Every line I said I would never
cross wound up getting crossed when it became a choice between crossing
it or not getting dope.  Some lines were thankfully never crossed but
only because the opportunity to get dope from crossing them never arose.

As with the majority of the most severe consequences that drug addicts
face, krokodil is a direct result of drug prohibition.

Matt