[Ibogaine] Pregnancy and Subutex

Jennifer Santos, RN, BSN jsantos at persephonebirthways.com
Wed Sep 25 11:13:47 CDT 2013

There is newer research on Sub in pregnancy, when I get to my computer I'll get some stuff to forward. A lot depends on her life situation and the birth she wants, plans to breastfeed, etc. If on methadone or sub they will often keep baby up to five days in hospital nursery for observation and/or treatment. She can breastfeed on methadone, and probably sub too tho I'd have to double check. It would help baby taper I get the small amount in her milk. Generally, kicking during pregnancy is not advised, due to risk of miscarriage, but one case has been well documented on this list with a good outcome.

Studies to follow.

Sent from my iPhone