[Ibogaine] 'bad' ibogaine experiences - research question

Sergey Sibirian sibirianfox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 21:19:23 CDT 2013

Jeff,

I find your energy, although I barely know you, to be... compelling?
It's positive in any way.

Please read what I wrote to you on the "illuminati" topic, when you have
time.

Otherwise I kind of feel "misunderstood".
And I feel I will continue feeling that way until you reply.
lol :)

Sergey

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Jeff G <jeffgallop at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> then 1% of info can be transmitted.
>> Oh!, and there's this thing as well: I seemed to be able to just draw
>> huge piles of useful info from the state of "being wired to the higher
>> dimension". All kinds of very deep revelations, some unsettling, some
>> insightful...
>> One time on acid,- it was still close to the period where we were using
>> smack and coke,- I saw a kind of a BLACK STAMP on my girls face and skull.
>> THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST FRIGHTENING EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.
>> There was this black skull imbedded in her flesh, like an indian with his
>> colours on, just this was very clear where it originates. It was a sign
>> that if we don't stop drugs RIGHT NOW, at least SHE WILL die.
>> And I could see the wilting, the decease, the wasted years of youth, the
>> best years, the closed doors, the wasted talent... All that shit in the
>> form of a black skull staring back at me from the face of a being I love
>> with all my heart and soul...
>> Brrr... I get shivers...
>>
>> To finish on a brighter note, on DMT I felt and communicated with very
>> strange beings. They were intelligent, but very different. I couldn't
>> understand their intention, other then interact. They seemed to be made of
>> energy, not matter (they are the same anyway :))
>>
>> Ok, :)
>>
>> Sergey
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM, James Rodger <jamesrodger72 at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all
>>> Some of you may remember I posted to the list a couple of years ago, to
>>> see if anyone wanted to comment on a paper i was writing. I got some useful
>>> link to the abstract is -
>>> http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=1954084
>>> I can send a full version on request.
>>>
>>> I have been working on another paper, on and off, for sometime -
>>> regarding the safety of ibogaine. Not just physical health which I know is
>>> well covered but also mental health. I am coming from the perspective of
>>> wanting to promote ibogaine within the medical establishment (I myself for
>>> my sins am a psychiatrist) but I think to do so it is important to
>>> acknowledge and reflect on safety concerns. A doctor in the UK was
>>> suspended a couple of years ago by the GMC (the UK's regulatory body for
>>> doctors) for giving ibogaine to a patient but not properly consenting him
>>> in terms of risks and alternatives. The patient in question apparently had
>>> a significant mental health reaction to the treatment.
>>>
>>> I realise ibogaine is 'difficult' and indeed some on this list have
>>> commented that even terrifying experiences have therapeutic value. I would
>>> be interested to hear from people who had very difficult experiences that
>>> they eventually managed to process and integrate - but also people who have
>>> had difficult or traumatic experiences that have remained unresolved.
>>>
>>> I'd be interested in knowing peoples thoughts also on:
>>> 1) what factors contribute to a difficult or "bad" experience"?
>>> 2) what factors contribute to it's resolution or to a lack or resolution?