[Ibogaine] Twenty one...

Paul Featherstone paulfeatherstone at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 19:33:53 CDT 2013

The important thing with conditions like Crohn's or colitis is that you've got to get on top of the cycle of inflammation & develop a productive mechanism of consistent management asap.  Physio-psychological stress can be one of the biggest challenges to deal with in Crohn's as it can savagely catalyse the 'disease' process leading to the loss of any level of remission attained. It's a learning process of course.  Intervention with allopathic pharmaceuticals can initially be quite useful however, they only ever seem to have a limited window of productivity for most. Corticosteroids like 'Pred' can have benefits short term but have a particularity bad profile as a script med, often be more trouble than they're worth in the end I'd say.  I think that the FDA actually advised as a black box warning drug?  Other immuno suppressors like immuran mercaptopurine can be useful but yet again... often have unwanted & potentially serious side effects. On the
 other hand,  naturopathic medicine - naturally occurring compounds from plant medicines can be great tools if you can learn to use & appreciate them.  Cats claw (Uncaria tomentosa ) has been known to help along with Aloe juice/extract. Of course hemp medicine has been validated too!  Especially the oral Simpson's oil extract. Ibo root bark is just superb if you can learn how to develop a healthy balanced relationship with it.  Documented cases of many people that remain in remission from ingesting varying combinations of just a few of these plant based medicines serve as examples of what is possible.  Cultivating a robust & positive mental outlook is critical & key for improving the management of Crohn's. The body follows where the mind leads... You got to feed your head & grow in every way that you can. Developing new coping mechanisms & skills for dealing with challenging health/life problems & the pain issues helps to alleviate the tedium if it
 flares.  An overhaul of diet & lifestyle works for some, although it can be a trial & error game.  The goal post change from one day to the next, very frustrating to know where the boundaries are in the early days.  Dropping alcohol & tobacco helps.  Opiates can be one of the biggest problems when attempting to manage pain issues, better to get on top of it before it 'dominates' & becomes about something else all together. Find a good Naturpathic Doc who's also a qualified conventional MD (if you can) & don't do stress period + important, don't wrap your identity around the ideas & notions of the status of 'being' an ill person.  Be thankful & enjoy life! :)