[Ibogaine] SSRI/SNRI's after Ibo treatment

Matt S. ibogamail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:14:44 CST 2013

Don't misunderstand me brother, there is nothing at all wrong with
placebo effect.  Anecdotally, placebo effect has been shown to be able
to cure cancer.  And the bottom line is the effect has real value.  I
think placebo effect has a bad connotation in that it implies something
useless or worthless.   In terms of effecting relief of symptoms,
placebo or not, real relief is real relief.  Like I said I also obtained
an actual anti-depressant effect from SSRI's despite knowing what I know
about them.  But the fact is, knowing that the true healing power of
placebo comes from the self doesn't mean I can conjure that same healing
power without the help of the placebo.  If it works then good.  My major
malfunction with SSRI's was side effects.  I also experimented with a
number of natural remedies. In the end I think the knowledge that it
will eventually end is what lets me endure without resorting to them.
At least I haven't resorted to them in a few years.  Aya also affects a
relief of symptoms, sometimes only for a day but its pretty reliable for
at least giving a days respite.  Winter can sometimes feel like a slog
and I have for periods of time in the past ended up doing ayahuasca
every weekend to help get through.   Over the years though I really do
think the depression has gotten a little less severe and a little shorter.

Matt