[Ibogaine] SSRI/SNRI's after Ibo treatment

Tyler Rutland cody.tyler.rutland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:30:50 CST 2013

As far as I am aware, "natural anti-depressants" such as St. Johns Wort
differ from synthetic forms such as SSRIs in that, while SSRI prevent the
re-uptake of serotonin and thereby give the mood a boost through this
artificial process, natural forms of anti-depressants do not do this.
Instead, it is my understanding that they nourish the pineal gland
somewhat, which is the central gland that produces melatonin, making it
therefore responsible for our concsciousness-related evolution.

Melatonin produces easement from stress and tension in the mind, and seems
to allow a very mild, dreamlike kind of perception that is easily
associated with enjoyment of life - although it is perhaps more accurate to
call this state "meditative" instead. So, by nourishing this gland and
increasing its output of melatonin, the consciousness is able to slip into
a relaxed, meditative state with greater ease, where it then becomes easier
to work on the thoughts in a constructive manner. But then it is up to the
thoughts and feelings to determine whether a positive or negative mood is
created, since melatonin by itself is neither a "feel-good" nor a
"feel-bad" hormone, although certainly it is easier to feel relaxed and
poised when it is present in the body, so this naturally can produce
"feel-good" states with greater ease.

I have not tried iboga yet (but I am tentatively planning to do so next
month, and I cannot wait!!!), but based on this observation, it is my
estimation that St. Johns Wort will be more helpful than SSRIs in the long
run. This is because, even though it does not force the mood to elevate, as
is the case with SSRIs, anything that nourishes the pineal gland will allow
the individual to naturally elevate their mood using their own
self-generated impulses and evolution-based work. And since iboga, I am
told, repairs a damaged psyche, activates the pineal gland, and stabilizes
the personality, then it is proceeds logically that a nourished pineal
gland will work very well in synergy with iboga - perhaps even helping to
prolong the afterglow effect. By contrast, SSRIs are only a tool to force
the mood to elevate, so little to no consciousness-related progress is made
when they are used since they produce no calm, meditative state - which, of
course, is why people revert back to their old depressed form once SSRIs
are discontinued.