[Ibogaine] SSRI/SNRI's after Ibo treatment

Matt S. ibogamail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 10:52:17 CST 2013

HI Edward

As you know I have some experience with what you are discussing. I have
researched depression treatments fairly extensively and the evidence
suggests that whatever you believe will help, actually will help.  Which
further suggests that basically the power of belief (or suggestion if
you like) can itself overcome depression.  SSRI's are slightly better
than placebo but the slight difference is very likely due to the fact
that in a double blind trial, people who get the actual SSRI know it
from the side effects.  So knowing they got the real drug instead of the
placebo gives them the slight "belief boost" which makes the SSRI out
perform placebo.  Knowing all of this, I too also still find them
effective, or at least I did the last time I was on them.  But I also
know that for me depression is cyclical and that literally doing nothing
will eventually still result in the depression going away in time.  But
doing nothing is not actually what I do. Although you would have to wait
for the SSRI's to clear your system I am still an advocate for aya for
depression.  I have also heard it does good things for alcoholism.  If I
had to guess I would say that your depression is probably not entirely
without connection to your inability to control your drinking.

You might also try 1000 or 2000 units of vitamin D a day to see if that
helps any.  You probably know about the correlation between low vitamin
D and depression although I do have to mention that the way they measure
what is considered normal for D levels is a bit suspect.  They changed
what the consider a normal range and alls of a sudden lots of people are
"deficient".  Any time something like that happens you have to question
the entire methodology.  Still though, might be worth the experiment if
it helps you.

Matt