[Ibogaine] MS Contin

David Ray trees.and.rain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:44:56 EST 2012

Donny, to give a bit of understanding.  Opioids (heroin type drugs)
work because they connect chemically to a group of 3 neuron receptors
in the brain (there are more than this but these are the main ones).
The chemicals that connect are in two main groups called agonists
(activators) and antagonists (blockers).  Amongst the agonists (like
heroin morphine etc) there are some called competitive and some called
non-competitive.  Heroin and morphine are non-competitive, meaning
that you can take one, then the other will add to the effect if taken.
 Nor-ibogaine, the active component of ibogaine HCL is
non-competitive, so it increases the effect of other opiates.  Subutex
is a competitive agonist/antagonist.  It is a bit active, but it also
blocks the receptors so that other drugs won't work. This means that
it actively works against ibo.  But it is relatively short acting.  In
a month or less it is completely gone from your system, at which point
the MScontin or whatever you've replaced it with is all that you have
to deal with.  Which means that ibo has the maximum probability of
success.  Other factors for you to consider, however, are that you are
already on a dose of subutex that is lower than many people could
tolerate.  Many people at that level would be already feeling like
crap.  That means you're already going well if you're feeling okay at
that level.  A lot of people step off subutex at that level without
major consequences.  It might be worth your while reducing and
quitting the subutex and see what happens.  If it is too painful, then
go onto the MSContin, get yourself stabilised and then give the ibo a
go. Ibo is a dangerous drug and not to be taken lightly, though, so
don't use it if you don't need it. You really are in a great position
to get clean.  Some psychological support of whatever kind you can
find and works for you would be really useful.  And if you go the ibo
route you should get an experienced provider.  Even if you're young
and healthy you really need someone reliable and experienced to look
after you.  Also, many people relapse many times before getting clean,
so don't beat yourself up if that happens.  You learn a bit more each
time.  Good luck.