[Ibogaine] So Spooky, and finding voacangine

Chris Jenks chris at jenks.us
Fri Dec 28 11:06:17 EST 2012

   DC from AZ wrote that the list is down, so this is mostly a test. The
last message I see is from Jeff G. on Wednesday (two days ago) so maybe it
has been down since. But with the holidays I didn't expect much activity.
   As for where to get voacangine, as far as I know the only realistic
source is the supply controlled by Bob Sisko. Maybe small amounts could be
had from a chemical company at great cost. Aside from that it could be
isolated from tailings from processing iboga or it could be isolated from
Voacanga africana using the procedure I recently presented
(http://puzzlepiece.org/ibogaine/gita_conference_2012/agenda.html), or it
may be isolated from about a third of the hundred or so known species of
Tabernaemontana (according to van Beek's 1984 review which I have been
studying), being one of the most prevalent alkaloids of that genus. My
next work is to look up the published investigations of these species to
see if the alkaloids similar in structire to ibogaine which were detected
were quantified. If not, the next step would be to secure samples of the
plants for analysis.