[Ibogaine] suboxone to ibogaine

Mikki Lynne xxmikkixx at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:45:24 EDT 2011

Hi again Vanessa,

I can definitely see why you're frustrated. Sometimes the only thing that
helps me get over my frustration a little is to think, at least I am in a
better place than where I *could* be... Being on suboxone isn't typically
ideal for most people, but in many ways it can be a life saver. Anyways...
;)

The first thing I notice about your situation is the dose of sub you're on.
Have you tried to cut down any? If you're considering an ibo treatment this
summer, then the sooner you start cutting down the better. For some people
it's not too hard, to go from 16 to 8mg fairly quickly. And when I was at
8mg, I dropped to 4mg by alternating days (8mg one day, 4mg the next, etc.)
and taking Xanax. I had a relatively low tolerance to benzos at the time,
Thank God- this helps. On the days that I was taking 4mg sub, I would take
4mg Xanax with my dose in the morning, then I might take 1 or 2 more mg
xanax a couple more times throughout the day... Just in case withdrawal
kicked in, but it never did (BTW I'm sure you already know this, but of
course I would be irresponsible not to mention the dangers of mixing too
much benzos and opiates). There are other meds that some people might
mention to help you as you are dropping your dose. And there are a million
methods of tapering and detoxing, a few of which I stumbled upon myself just
by messing around. So don't get frustrated if you're not able to cut down as
much/fast as you'd like, or if you start feeling a little shitty. Just let
us know what's going on and where you're at- ask for help and you shall
receive! :)

So... Within one month, I went from 8mg sub to alternating 2mg one day, 4mg
the next. From that point, I was able to step off sub completely and
switched to a naturally occurring SAO. Never had any withdrawal from the sub
and actually felt and even looked much better. People could tell by looking
at me that something had changed- I knew it was because I wasn't on the
pills anymore, I was "making" my own, natural medicine.

I had been on suboxone for 3yrs by the time I stepped off, and was very
worried about PAWS. I wanted to go as long as possible in between my last
dose of sub and my iboga treatment. So I stayed on the SAO for just about 3
months. It ran me around the same price as the sub doc did, and helped me
with a chronic pain issue I'd developed, whereas suboxone has NEVER helped
me with any kind of pain, so if you have any pain issues that could be
another bonus in switching to a different opioid. I hate to sound cryptic,
but there's been a lot of stuff going on lately in the ibo world. Looks as
if the powers that be are trying to take away all the ways in which we drug
dependent people can help ourselves... Feel free to PM me with any other
questions. There's a bit more I could tell you and a bit more I wanted to
say, but I'm at work now and it's time to close up shop. If you want to know
about my iboga experience I'd be glad to share that as well. You're in a
tight spot, but it's definitely do-able! :)

Love,
Mikki