[Ibogaine] One More Thing

Matt S ibogamail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 23:59:50 EDT 2011

Hi Beau

As I said to Dean, any comments remotely disparaging of you were about
an anonymous patient until Dean himself showed up and gave you a name.
Even then it was just someone named Beau until you yourself posted and
let everyone know your full name.  How can any comment about an
anonymous person be slander?  I suppose some people knew who you were,
but me and about 9000 other people on this list didn't until you and
Dean made sure we did.  I must have missed where someone said you were
looney which you apparently took great offense to.  All I caught was an
offhand remark to the effect that your testimony was not to be trusted
based on the fact that you were recently addicted, a comment which I
myself took a slight bit of offense to (but for which I was happy to see
Diane apologize).  Beyond that I can't remember any other disparaging
comments.  Not that that means there weren't any others, just that no
other ones stuck in my mind.

Also, I never said I was concerned about drama and micky mouse
professionalism, I was quoting Dean.  My point was that there really
wasn't as much drama as Dean was making it out to be.  In fact I think I
can safely say that your recent posts have stirred up at least as much
drama as there was before, which is to say, not a whole lot.  I also
never said I was sick of drama and I would encourage you to point out
any circular reasoning I am engaged in.  Please directly quote me
however as I find your characterization of my last post very inaccurate.

"The only reason that I brought up my achievements was because my
credibility was being threatened, and I was making an attempt to
reestablish it before coming through with my testimony."

I was actually referring to Dean when I said that I don't respond well
to people who need to let me know how smart and important they are.
When I read your testimonial where you were talking about how smart and
important you are I had no idea who you were.  Look I don't mean to be a
dick but who cares?  This is the internet where anyone can say
anything.  You make yourself known by how you conduct yourself right
now.  You can laundry list what an all around amazing cat you are till
the cows come home and you could still be just about anyone.  I'm not
saying that you are misrepresenting yourself, I'm just saying that no
one has any way to know.  If you are intelligent and reasonable, and so
far it looks likely, then it will come across in how you represent
yourself.  You don't need to give us credentials that none of us can
verify anyway (or probably would care to if we could).

"It's obvious, that everyone in this community is playing a game."

How long have you been on this list again?  I feel like both you and
Dean think you have the measure of everyone on this list despite never
having spent any time posting to it (and perhaps even reading it).  And
I have no idea what "organized religion" you are talking about or really
even what you are getting at.  Again the part in my post that said "I
have I ever seen such a group of totally unprofessional, aka Mickey
Mouse, participants in my life. Such drama and deceit should not be
associated with something promoted as "spiritual"" was a direct quote
from what Dean said.

Look man thanks for clearing up your side of what happened.  Beyond the
fact that it was tragic that this person died, and if there is any
information that can be gleaned from it that would save another life, I
really don't care who said what about whom.  Accusations and innuendo
amongst providers and treatment centers is sadly the norm and has been
for years.  I think most of us here are smart enough to make up our own
minds about stuff.  The source of the information carries as much weight
as anything here.  I have seen dozens and dozens of posts leveling all
manner of charges of unscrupulous or outright dangerous behavior at just
about everyone at one point or another.  Why that is I don't know for
sure, but my suspicion is that is has a little to do with strong
personalities, and a little to do with the fact that many people in the
ibogaine world were once addicts and as such they tend to have a few
deficits in the maturation process.  Lord knows I do.

The only reason I weighed in on this stuff at all was because of what
Dean said which I quoted again above.  I feel like he is disparaging the
entire list of which I am a frequent participant.  Yeah I am probably
being overly sensitive, and since I wasn't even involved in this
conversation before this he wouldn't have been referring to me anyway
but I felt compelled to respond so I did.

Matt