[Ibogaine] Benzodiazepines Sedation for Ibogaine

fallen eden falleneden1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 06:17:37 EST 2011

As a side note: Oh yes the Dutch government is crazy, however not as crazy
as the Swedish government!

Back on topic. Now, it appears a lot of people on here are thinking of IV
VERSED and not ORAL VERSED. Now IV VERSED is indeed out of the question as
mentioned above because going over a certain IV amount, roughly 3mg, can
cause sudden respiratory depression. With oral versed, this is not the case
and it is completely different from the IV versed I myself and many of you
have experienced in the hospital. I have had oral versed at my disposal if
in some strange instance it is needed instead of standard benzos. For
absolutely required benzodiazepine sedation I do prefer clonazepam
(klonopin), or possibly xanax, under almost all circumstances for anxiety
or sleep, but YES you can concurrently sedate (to the minimum needed!)
during a treatment, even during a flood. I had to do this for a person for
96 hours straight who suffered intense anxiety and psychological turmoil to
the point of crying out in agony during the entire 96 hour period. It would
have been inhumane and frankly unethical in my opinion to have done
otherwise. He was sedated with klonopin to the minimum I could manage,
which just about every provider agrees on- if benzos are used, use them at
the absolute minimum.

In my opinion oral 7.5mg versed would be acceptable, increasing to 15mg if
there is no real response. (7.5mg is the lowest dose of oral versed, FYI
everybody). IV however is dangerous because of respiratory depression and I
agree above as one big no-no. However, keep in mind that the strong IV
versed people think of is NOT the oral versed I speak of, which is frankly
very mellow and weak, similar to valium. For all intensive purposes, I
would instead highly recommend klonopin or xanax for sedation which,
orally, I believe are stronger than versed and therefore more effective.