[Ibogaine] ALS & Ibogaine

fallen eden falleneden1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:01:43 EDT 2010

Most likely not.. Lyme Disease is a closely related neurological disease,
though it is caused by bacteria, and ALS is an auto-immune response. I was
first diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis), the symptoms can be very
similar, but they were able to screen it out after a lumbar puncture (they
stick a huge needle in the base of your spine and draw out fluid, and test
it for antibodies, bacterias, etc) and figured out it was Lyme because I had
the bacteria present in my spinal fluid even though it didn't show up on a
PCR of my blood.

Dr. Jeff Kamlet would most likely know for sure.. Any clinic doctors know
this one? But I'm guessing nobody else on the list will know about this one,
I'm the first person I know of almost anywhere to have taken ibo with a
neurological disease somewhat like MS and ALS. I do experience bizarre
intense nerve pain after a flood of ibo, since Lyme is a neurological
disease, so perhaps something like that could happen to an ALS patient
depending on how ibo would stimulate their immune system (which is the most
likely reason I get nerve pain afterwards though it's never been confirmed).
But I'd be able to throw a safe guess that the actual disease isn't a safety
or health hazard combined with a flood; I took ibo not even knowing I had
something wrong with me, and had a lot of weird burning pain all over me
afterwards, but got much healthier still.