[Ibogaine] ibogaine detox in USA?

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 14:55:30 EDT 2009

Hi Matt,

You can do a methadone detox without first going on a
shorter acting opiate, yes it can be done but like you
say it complicates things.  I think Gwen wants to detox
with as little Ibo as possible and with as little visions
as possible or as mild experience as possible.  In other
words she wants off of drugs and is not interested in the
Bwiti culture or rituals and not really interested in having
visions or talking to her dead relatives.

I hated the met clinic so bad.  I
was honest once and told them I was using and needed
some kind of help. I thought that was what they were there
for.  Well they took away my take homes - yea last time I tell
them anything.  I was mad, I mean I have a problem, was
honest about it and this is what I get.  Since then I gave
them water with a little coffee for color and a drop of
methadone in the bottle for urine tests.  It worked like a charm.
Never told the truth again.  From what I understand they have
different tests and may even watch you pee now.  It was
20 years ago or so.

With met 74 mg is not that much in a way, but it another way
it is a hell of a lot like when you try to detox.  I remember the
first time I tried to detox from met 20 mg cold turkey, couldn't
believe the suffering.  I couldn't do it.  You said you did not
really have any cravings after your detox - that is great.  One
dose and your good for life - can't beat that.  As you know many
people need a booster after 6 to 9 months or so.  I know that
I needed a booster between the 6 to 9 month period.  It is nice
if you do not need a booster for that can be you done for good.
Tapering is always a good idea but it can be very time consuming.
That is why I mentioned we could help her more if we had more facts
like how much is used and how long and when she is comfortable
I believe she will let us know  You got to remember this is her first time
writing and she really does not know all these things.  It is also good
to talk to several people and get different opinions and options.
Your 2 cents is welcome, a little added info gives a better all round
picture and can help a person get an idea of what to expect.

That's one reason I tell people it is not a hallucinogenic like LSD,
I can see a person who is on opiates not wanting anything like
LSD.  Of course we know it but the new people may have no idea.

So, if you have been to a detox center please drop Gwen an e-mail
and let her know if it was a good place, not so good or fair or whatever
your opinion may be.  Also, I have been on this list and I seem to have
trouble when asked which place is the best, which place is good if you
do not have much money, which places treat you as a patient and show
kindness and respect, so if you have been to a detox place could you please
send me a couple of sentences saying if it was good, bad or ugly.  It
would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

  - JIM

P.S.  Matt, did the Ibo work for the depression.  If so good, fair, or not at all.

         Thanks  again