[Ibogaine] The panoptical surveillance of a piss test

Eye of the Bhogi freedomroot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:23:31 EST 2009

Panopticon is Jeremy Bentham's prison watchtower concept, reworked by
Michel Foucault to discuss awful control things in DISCIPLINE AND
PUNISH (i.e the prison, the clinic, the asylum), and also used by
feminist theorists of the body (where I first heard about it) to
understand how the exterior gaze and mirrors create a constant tension
of being watched.

I'm just sayin... how does one sit in a room for two hours and not
notice there's a drug testing device perched on the edge of the desk,
waiting for you?  I guess when you don't know what day it is, peeps
get kinda curious about whatchoo been up to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon