michael langshaw mlangshaw67 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 09:55:59 EST 2009

Simon,
Your post could not be more accurate. I think that I identified so much because the example you used is precisely what happened to me. A teacher called me stupid and because I was taught to respect and trust ALL my elders especially ones with authority I believed it...hence my low self esteem. I've been sexually abused, don't ask me why, but it doesn't bother me. I was around 7 years old and I know that I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not ashamed of it and I accept it and I moved on. My point being is that we all deal with trauma differently...just like you said.