James Forristal psychonaut101 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:46:03 EST 2009

I think there is also a deeper issue that should be looked at in the use of
drugs and in a person becoming self destructive.
What experiences and emotional states bring a person to the point where they
are willing to ruin their lives with those drugs.  What in society and the
world brings some of us to this place.   The drugs IMO are symptoms of a
deeper illness, and until society and the individual are ready to look at
those problems that are harder to solve but, in solving them we will
find real solutions, we will continue to have a
self destructive component to this reality.
When a person feels alone, exploited, abused and less than human.. when a
person believes their isn't much to live for and has left behind the passion
for experience that they were born with due to this social illness of
exploitation and self denial.. we come to a point where a comfortable death
looks like the only way out.  We all play a part in creating this and I
don't think we like looking at it, so we find "easy" solutions, symptom
reduction methods that just add to our problems.

Resolving this issue is quite the riddle for my head, we are so used to
using more power to overcome the previously corrupt power, and I think to
stop this cycle it's time we looked through the eyes of love, no longer
trying to beat our problems back "into line" but to nurture them into a
healthy state.  I just have a hard time seeing all the different
personalities of this planet letting something like that happen.  We are so
used to using coercion and fear to make people ACT like we want them to in a
"perfect" world, but that whole venture comes from a place of insincerity,
it's never changed how we really feel about one another, just in the way we
ACT like we feel about one another.. it's a shitty professional way of
living life.

errr, did that make sense, I've got so many perspectives going through my
head right now I'm not sure my message was articulated?