[Ibogaine] cost and safety

Charles Rossouw charles.rossouw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:52:27 EST 2009

Intraveinous Lidocaine or Procaine is one of the older treatments for
venticular tachicardia, which can happen with ibogaine.  I learnt this when
I was studying in the late seventies.  It also very cheap, and Ken confirmed
that its indeed very effective, although I don't think that there is an
emergency unit or ambulance crew that will still use it.  One has to be
careful not to use it when there is heart block or atrial arrythmia.  These
days there are more modern medicines that are used as first-line treatment,
like Amiodarone.  Some sources (Such as Arizona) quote Amiodarone as having
potential for prolonged QT, but apparently this potential is very low.

Regards

Charles

--
+27 71 687 0068