[Ibogaine] cost and safety

Charles Rossouw charles.rossouw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:04:31 EST 2009

Matt

I think you're right as far the entheogen and lidocaine part is concerned,
but as for the last bit about the activated charcoal, I don't know.
Charcoal is exactly what it is called: Charred coal, i.e leftovers of
organic material after its been burned, and the chemical/molecular
structures are too big to be absorbed from the GIT.  That means that a
substance needs to move from inside the bloodstream to the outside of the
body, i.e. into gastro intestinal tract, so that the charcoal can bind with
it, and sweep it out with the rest of the waste as faeces, which means that
there has to be a kind of "pulling" force active in the GIT due to the
activated charcoal.  I may be mistaken, but I don't think activated charcoal
has that ability.  So maybe youre right if you say the charcoal will stop
more ibogaine from being absorbed, but I doubt if it will expell ibogaine
from the blood stream.

So, what I'm sayingm is that the ibogaine that has been absorbed, will have
its effect - just ride it out, as you said.  Its there, because you chose it
to be there - deal with it.

Regards

Charles

--