[Ibogaine] cost and safety

Warren Theriot wleetheriot at ca.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 12:28:01 EST 2009

No matter where you go you should also consider the cost of a medical
exam prior to the treatment with an ekg and blood tests. Pay attention
to the inclusion and exclusion criteria as discussed in the Ibogaine
treatment manual on The Ibogaine Dossier site: http://www.ibogaine.org/manual.html
Better safe than sorry.
Warren

On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Jim Hadey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If you want to do it in the states the cost is Ibogaine and your
> sitter.
> I see no reason why your wife or a good friend can not be with you
> and act as a sitter.  Should anything happen they dial 911 and either
> lie or tell the truth, I have no idea what I would do.  I would
> probable
> say he/she took something to help them kick their addiction but can't
> remember the name thus keeping it simple - discuss this before hand.
> Flush wrappers, packing materials, receipts and such down the toilet
> and hide things that should not be in plain site.
>
> If you do it in Canada it is the price of the Ibogaine, sitter and
> motel room
> for 2 or 3 days and food for the sitter.  Going to a clinic can cost
> thousands
> (like 5 or 10,000 and sometimes more).  It is VERY hard for some
> people
> to get the money to go to a clinic.  With the economy, unemployment
> being sick, being on disability, etc, most people are having
> problems paying
> rent, food and things necessary for life.
>
> Safety is important but for those who are over 40 and really got in
> to it - how
> many people do you know that died from ODs, how many robbed and
> killed,
> how many suicides, how many in car accidents, how many lived their
> lives
> in misery, how many...OK I'm done.  Each person must decide is it is
> worth
> the risk for them to take Ibo "at home" or in a hotel room with a
> trusted who
> will at least have the decently to dial 911.
>
> Most people know of a place that sells Ibogaine in Canada if not I
> am sure
> someone can mention it.  As a rule of thumb the dose is 20mg/kg of
> body
> weight.  For example a person weighing 100 - 120 lbs would want 1 gram
> and a person weighing 200 - 220 lbs would want 2 grams.  I would
> suggest
> having Gatorade, toilet paper (not being funny) and wear sweat pants
> for the
> bowels can be loose and a deposit made should one sneeze.  Also, an
> overnight bag with toothbrush, extra clothes, deodorant, and maybe a
> candy bar, etc.  Also, have the waste basket next to you at all
> times and if
> your in a hotel room be sure to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign on
> the
> door.
>
> Hope I helped,
>
>   - JIM