[Ibogaine] cost and safety

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 12:09:00 EST 2009

Hi All,

If you want to do it in the states the cost is Ibogaine and your sitter.
I see no reason why your wife or a good friend can not be with you
and act as a sitter.  Should anything happen they dial 911 and either
lie or tell the truth, I have no idea what I would do.  I would probable
say he/she took something to help them kick their addiction but can't
remember the name thus keeping it simple - discuss this before hand.
Flush wrappers, packing materials, receipts and such down the toilet
and hide things that should not be in plain site.

If you do it in Canada it is the price of the Ibogaine, sitter and motel room
for 2 or 3 days and food for the sitter.  Going to a clinic can cost thousands
(like 5 or 10,000 and sometimes more).  It is VERY hard for some people
to get the money to go to a clinic.  With the economy, unemployment
being sick, being on disability, etc, most people are having problems paying
rent, food and things necessary for life.

Safety is important but for those who are over 40 and really got in to it - how
many people do you know that died from ODs, how many robbed and killed,
how many suicides, how many in car accidents, how many lived their lives
in misery, how many...OK I'm done.  Each person must decide is it is worth
the risk for them to take Ibo "at home" or in a hotel room with a trusted who
will at least have the decently to dial 911.

Most people know of a place that sells Ibogaine in Canada if not I am sure
someone can mention it.  As a rule of thumb the dose is 20mg/kg of body
weight.  For example a person weighing 100 - 120 lbs would want 1 gram
and a person weighing 200 - 220 lbs would want 2 grams.  I would suggest
having Gatorade, toilet paper (not being funny) and wear sweat pants for the
bowels can be loose and a deposit made should one sneeze.  Also, an
overnight bag with toothbrush, extra clothes, deodorant, and maybe a
candy bar, etc.  Also, have the waste basket next to you at all times and if
your in a hotel room be sure to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the
door.

Hope I helped,

  - JIM