[Ibogaine] anti-depressants and boga

Edward A. Weissbard edward.escs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:30:09 EST 2009

I really do know how those anti-depressant withdrawals can, and they are
not pleasant, especially in in the higher dose range.  Back in November
of 2008 of tried to ween myself off of 450mg of Wellburtrin(Bupropine)
and 150mg of Effexor(Venlafaxine) all to know avail in avoiding the the
withdrawals.  I would rather not go through that again. I was very sick
and uncomfortable feeling for about 2 weeks. I do see a benefit in
antidepressants for some.  I  noticed that I was much less irritable and
less likely to get angry and annoyed at situations and people...more of
a mellowed out state.  Other than that it did not help in a number of
other issues that I was dealing with, mainly: alcohol cravings,
compulsive behavior and thinking.  I don't think I'll ever say yes to a
Serotonin/Dopamine inhibitor again after this last experience.  Just not
sure if the cost and side effects of stopping are worth the small
benefit I got from them.
--

Edward <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>