[Ibogaine] Contents of Ibogaine digest...

James Forristal psychonaut101 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:50:26 EST 2009

As to iboga rootbark being more safe than the hydrochloride...
There may be some balancing effect on blood pressure amongst all the
different alkaloids in the bark but that is an unfounded guess that might be
looked into.

I know from my own experience about 6 months after my first ibogaine hcl
experience, (when I tried the root bark in a wine infusion) that it's very
ruff on the body.

At the time I was just at 75kg and I used 33 grams of the bark.  I drank it
in staged doses over 2 hours and never reached a visionary dose. (not to say
with different quality bark that I very well could of reached it)  I got the
ear buzzing and the lights in the room vibrating but never went into the
dream.  I had a small amount left but by the time I realized that I would
still need to do more... I refused to drink it, the sight of the liquid made
my insides quiver. I think you almost need a helper over you with a iboga
filled plantain that will force it down your throat to get there that way.

Even though this dose was not reached, I still experienced 4 DAYS of red
eyed, fatigued zombie'd out hangover from the experience.  My body felt like
there was a 200 lb weight on my back and the insomnia lasted forever!  The
positive bounce back that comes over me about 30 hours after an ibogaine hcl
experience was not part of the plan doing things this way.

Anyway, the physical effects of iboga root bark where very intense and ruff.
 The ataxia was intense, though not enough to make my puke, it still made it
hard to get up and let the green water that was readily coming out my back
side end up in the toilet where it belonged.  Oh my!

Over all I learned this... Ibogaine hcl works through the system much faster
and "cleaner" than the root bark does.

Also I can't say enough about the importance of going to a clinic where they
do these things in a safe and positive way.  Ibogaine can put you at a
baseline where changes can be made, but there is something to be said about
being in an environment away from "home" with people that care for
and nurture you back to health after the experience that is also VERY
important to the experience.  It gives you time to reset and think
differently about your life.  It motivates you and empowers you, after care
is a MUST!

For me, I'm like a blank screen after I do Ibogaine and if left to my own
devices I will start doing thing the same way I did before.  Having someone
there to point me towards new doorways and remind me that I have the power
to walk through those doors is invaluable.  Thanks Clare!