[Ibogaine] QT info

Kevin Walker kevin at ibogainesa.co.za
Mon Jan 19 16:14:05 EST 2009

Mike,

QT interval represents the electrical re-polarization of the heart. It is
measured from an electrocardiogram (ECG). A long QT interval predisposes the
heart to arrhythmias, which can sometimes be life threatening. Most cases
are acquired due to abnormalities in the blood electrolytes (low potassium
or magnesium) or certain drugs (psychotropic agents, certain antibiotics and
antifungal). It can also be due to decrease blood supply to certain regions
of the heart (coronary artery disease) or myocardial disease. The congenital
variety is known as long QT syndrome and there over 7 - 10 subtypes.

 http://www.ipej.org/0204/vincent.htm

Regards

Kevin.

Image5

NHP / Dr Kevin Walker (Reg No: 6206429)

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from exposure under applicable law.   If the reader
of this message is not the sole authorised recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error please destroy
immediately. Whilst suitable precautions against virus transmittal are taken
by IBOGAINE AFRICAN RENAISSANCE (Pty)  Ltd (and associated companies) we
cannot accept any responsibility for viruses or their consequences.

12 Floria St
Edleen
Kempton Park
1619