[Ibogaine] conference?

Charles Rossouw charles.rossouw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:51:00 EST 2009

Hi Rob

I think Dr Ken Alper will also attend.  He is actually one of the experts on
the medical side.

On your question about the near fatal dose - It is not dose related, but can
be linked to the ECG prior to treatment.

ANY abnormality in the ECG, and especially arrythmias and prolonged QT,
disqualifies a person from treatment.

It is also really really important to have person with a medical background
in attendance, with plans to get an ambulance to you if a problem occurs.
The problem that occurs with ibogaine is called Torsade de Pointes and can
be treated relatively easy with Lidocaine (Lignocaine) or some substances
that regulate the heart rythm, so you need someone who is able to recognise
early onset of the problem.  Ken once said to me that it is like a symphony
concert, where symptoms start slowly, and then builds up to a crescendo.
Recognising them early is important.

You can also try to contact Dr Udi Bastiaans - he's somewhere in Amsterdam,
but I don't have his email address.  I know he is on Skype.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Charles

--