[Ibogaine] RX Iboga Extract for Withdrawls

m.finman mafinman at optonline.net
Sun Jan 18 09:59:25 EST 2009

Do you mean will a small dose of root bark take you out of withdrawl?  To date I would imagine the closest we have to an authority on this subject would be Marc, who posted recently about getting rid of a poppy seed jones in that manner.  I believe he only subscribes when he is in crisis or has a question.  But I could be wrong.  I think it is because he had done many sessions, and it was a low grade jones, and his brain and body already knew how to respond to Iboga that it worked.  He was using 1/2tsp or 1 tsp doses each day of some high grade quality root. I have my doubts that someone who never had a head cracking open type of session would get anything at all from it.  My guess is it would depend on the size of your habit, meaning low level,  and what your bodys relationship is with the bark.   What he did is pretty much what I did with methedone 1,000s of time to come off of H.  I would do the methedone for 3 days to cover any withdrawl and then stop.  In 3 days there is no methedone addiction and the H is pretty much out of the system.  I think what Marc did was pretty much use the Rootbark for those few days it would take the opiate to leave his system and mask the withdrawl.  From my experience with the methedone the idea is tried and true, but you get the extra benefits of mental introspection that could come out of nowhere when you do the iboga and it is working on cleaning up your opium receptors a bit.  The methedone, didn't do that which is why by the end of the week I was always back using again.  But from a physical standpoint it worked.  But again, this is my insight. When all is said and done there is absolutely nothing that does what Iboga does and I am thankful for it's existance everyday of my life.  Martee