[Ibogaine] Catholic Bwiti - more links

DC from AZ dcollier9 at cox.net
Sat Jan 17 22:09:16 EST 2009

more links, from some requests for more details on Catholic church tolerance for native african culture and medicinal...

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/CHURAFRI.TXT

from above, Pope says: Some say that these medicines are works of the devil, but no other alternative is
offered. I proposed to the bishops to undertake a serious study on the matter of
witchcraft and on the use of these traditional medicines in order to find out if all are
contrary to our faith or if there are some "traditional" medicines that Christians can
licitly use.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2AFRIC.HTM

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/synod/documents/rc_synod_doc_20060627_ii-assembly-africa_en.html

http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/country/ga.html

catholic Gabon population stats:  http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/country/scga1.html

pope approves Gabon Bishops policies: http://www.totalcatholic.com/tc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110:pope-praises-churchs-role-in-gabon&catid=15:world&Itemid=35

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/2001/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_20010605_ad-limina-gabon_en.html

“Africans are very pluralistic in religious beliefs. They can be Catholic and still attend Pentecostal services or go to traditional healers,” said Germond.
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/10936

this has a lot: http://www.cisanewsafrica.org/

hope that helps
Don Collier
Phone: 520-305-3147  Tucson, AZ. USA
Senior Software Developer and Solutions Architect
website: http://doncollier.clickhere2.net
email: dcollier9 at cox.net   alternate: dcollier8 at netzero.com