[Ibogaine] US drug policy changes?

Charles Rossouw charles.rossouw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:36:48 EST 2009

Hi Preston

Yes its the same Barack Obama that you know, and he has nothing to do with
SA drug policy.  He will, in about 5 days time,start to play a major role
in the federal funding policies for organisations like PEPFAR and UNODC,
UNAIDS, World bank, etc.  and those organisations does play a role here on a
regional level as far as direct funding is concerned for pojects like
HIV/AIDS policy advocacy, legislature change advocacy, etc. Our Medical
Research Council, for instance, has to choose very carefully which projects
they take on, due to the strong funding by UN organisations, and due to the
influence that the US Federal goverment has over them ("If you work on
something we don't agree with, we'll cut your funding" sort of situation).
According to Sylvie at UNODC the news is that there are huge changes coming,
like the lifting of the ban on federal funding for needle exchange programs.

I hope she will be able to supply me with a link, or at least her
source, when she returns to her office.

Kind regards

Charles

--