[Ibogaine] Similarities with Psilosybin and Ibogaine

Preston Peet prestonpeet at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 10:32:00 EST 2009

>I saw some thing recently on the vikings; they wondered what made them so good at combat. There weapons were nothing special for the time; they did look at mushrooms (amanita) which would give more stamina (The bearserker) but they though this could not be it because of the debilitating effects of the amanita; they missed the bit on using a reindeer as a filtering system.<

A short story:
While living in Bergen, Norway during the mid-80s, another American friend and I were sitting in my living room one fine early Autumn evening, discussing this and that, and the topic of Vikings came up. We began talking about how they'd discovered America (this was still controversial at this point in time), and the "beserkers" they had in battle with them.
My soontobe wife/ex-wife's sister says to us, "Yeah, they'd drink a special poison made from mushrooms and go insane."
Paul and I both whipped our heads around, ears perked up and alert, saying simultaneously, "Mushrooms? What Kind of mushrooms?"
"I said, the poison kind!" she replied impatiently.
We of course immediately began asking about, and quickly discovered that not only does Norway have these nifty keep little Elves Caps growing all about the areas around Bergen, but that is was right then the Perfect season for going out picking too.
So out we went.
We picked a lot of those little buggers (Not amanita either, but psilosybin-laden shrooms instead).
Bringing them back, we spread them out on newspaper and began trying to dry them under lamps and heaters, quickly turning them into a black oozy gooy mess. So we tried again. My wife/exwife's brother walked through and saw the shrooms spread out, and asked us, "Why would ANYONE eat those?!? That's stupid! Why? Because they're FREE?!?" He seemed to think that was a diss, that we might be positively inclined towards the shrooms because they were free or something. He was a capitalist Republican type through and through- except of course the government benefits (health, education, etc, etc) he receieved for being Norweigan were basic human rights...for him and his family and other Norweigans. Heaven forbid outsiders deserving help.
I must say, they were free, but they really weren't very strong at all. I wasn't that impressed, but it was a lot of fun picking them. We even went to an old, decrepit stave church to pick at one point. THAT was super freakin' cool. An awesomely beautiful country, Norway is.
peace,
Preston