[Ibogaine] Similarities with Psilosybin and Ibogaine

simon loxton simonloxton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 08:33:37 EST 2009

Yea; the one effect that the drug has is to increase muscle stimulation so that movement is exaggerated. For instance if you were to attempt a small jump the movement is exaggerated to a bit of a leap and this is where the "flying reindeer" comes from. they "run?" I don't know the right term but they go leaping through the snow. Even the stockings over the hearth was a common way to dry out the mushrooms before the maggots get into them; I believe this also causes a chemical change if my memory serves me correctly.

I saw some thing recently on the vikings; they wondered what made them so good at combat. There weapons were nothing special for the time; they did look at mushrooms (amanita) which would give more stamina (The bearserker) but they though this could not be it because of the debilitating effects of the amanita; they missed the bit on using a reindeer as a filtering system.

There is a lot of mythology in mushrooms and the Catholic church was quick to include pagan holidays by just giving them a different name.