[Ibogaine] Similarities with Psilosybin and Ibogaine

Edward A. Weissbard edward.escs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:00:55 EST 2009

Very interesting Simon.  I like the "guidance system" analogy.  In
regards to Psilosybin and Mushrooms, that is what I understand, that
there seems to be a need for guidance under it's influence, or there may
some unpleasant results.  I realize that there is also another type of
Mushroom, called the fly-argric(Amanita Muscaria), which seems to have a
different type of chemical(Muscimol), from what I read it seems to
effect the GABA receptors, which would seem to be different than
Psilosybin.  If I'm not mistaken, doesn't ibogaine effect GABA as well?
--

Edward