[Ibogaine] Join us at Noon, Wednesday, Jan 14 to urge Eric Holder to do the Right Thing.

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Mon Jan 12 20:08:57 EST 2009

We don't have a problem with the Marc Rich pardon. Marc Rich was the
victim of political grandstanding and overzealous prosecution by Rudi
Giuliani. (No surprise there.)

But Eric Holder has a unique chance to clean up his checkered past on
the marijuana issue with a raft of new recommendations for clemency.

In the spirit of Forgiveness--how about full presidential pardons for
medical marijuana in California and other states where it's legal?

No medical marijuana patient or provider ever tortured, engaged in
illegal wiretaps, or waged gratuitous wars of aggression. None of
them fraudulently took a $100 million bonus as their bank went bust.
Not one of them even sold a phony mortgage with the explicit purpose
of cheating old folks out of their home.  Instead, their crime was to
heal the sick, ease the pain and nausea.

If Obama won't keep his campaign pledge to call off the war on
medical marijuana, by sending a clear signal to federal law
enforcement with presidential pardons now, the least we can ask is
vigorous enforcement of the law against the people who got us into
this mess.

We want either full medical marijuana amnesty for everyone prosecuted
under Bush, or a guilty republican politician as a cellmate for every
pot prisoner in America.

The day before Eric Holder's confirmation hearings begin, we intend
to visit his offices at Covington and Burling and Obama Transition
Team headquarters with pictures of prominent republicans pardoned or
not even prosecuted, and black-bordered photos of medical marijuana
martyrs. Join us at high noon at Freedom  Plaza, 13th & Pennsylvania.

Dana Beal/212-677-4899  John Pylka/202-286-5586