[Ibogaine] (OT!) Re: 2012 mayan calendar

Preston Peet prestonpeet at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 13:20:56 EST 2009

A bit dated, but the following article is on the topic of 2012.

http://www.drugwar.com/pinchbeckhtimes.shtm

Daniel Pinchbeck- Modern Shamanism and Reality Bending
By Preston Peet
Posted DrugWar.com
February 5, 2007
Published in High Times Magazine
February, 2007

To many, Daniel Pinchbeckis one of this generation's closest thing to Terrance McKenna. Already well known and respected by many for traveling the world ingesting just about every psychedelic, mind-expanding substance known to man, [as detailed in his first book, Breaking Open the Head- a Psychedelic Journey into the Heart of Contemporary Shamanism] Pinchbeck is a leading visionary when it comes to the possibilities inherent in exploring our inner spaces, as well as an enthusiastic proponent of consciously thinking a positive world into reality.
Pinchbecks latest book, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl, takes a good hard look at the state of the world today-the massive destruction humankind is doing to the planet, and the possibility that we may be reaching the point where, as the Mayan calendar predicts, a cosmic change or even the end of time- could rapidly be approaching. Whether this means an end to the human race or merely the end of our current destructive habits and outlooks, has yet to be determined.
I had the pleasure of meeting with Pinchbeck after an event at the Gershwin Hotel in Manhattan, where he read selected excerpts from his newest book, accompanied by a musical ensemble playing trippy, ethereal music. The reading was followed by an intense dialouge, during which he and the audience discussed shamanism, apocalyptic visions, the evolution of consciousness, and the end of the Mayan Calendar in the year 2012.
snip-
Read Complete Article at above URL