[Ibogaine] LEAP - Rachel Maddow Discusses Repeal Day

Matt Shriver ibogamail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:19:19 EST 2009

After watching this movie I went to the website they mentioned
www.wecandoitagain.com and used their form to send an email to my local
reps and I got this response from one of them this morning.  I deleted
the auto-generated message the website uses and wrote my own email.
Does anyone know what he is referring to in California?

Mathew Shriver:

Thank you for your e mail.  For the past 15 years I have championed the
end of the drug war in New Mexico.  I have done this through a
combination of legalization and treatment strategies.  So far we have
been only moderately successful.  Each step of the way we have been
fought by the police lobby and the Federal Government.  I think the
Federal Government might change with the new President and Congress.
California's treatment changes have been successful although they
suffered a setback this last election with the narrow defeat of a
referendum requiring further treatment.

Gov. Richardson this year has proposed new policies for treatment and so
I think we might be able to make more progress.  However, we do not have
clear majorities in both houses of the NM Leg so the going is slow.

Please stay in touch about any issue of interest to you.

Senator Cisco McSorley
New Mexico State Senate
District 16