[Ibogaine] suboxone

tink tinkerbell.sarah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:24:50 EST 2009

Junkboy commented "the minium i could take and keep the flight or
flight response away was 2mg and i tried damn hard......also i got
horrible depression with the sub... ive heard the oppisite, but for me
it caused really bad depression... "
  I couldn't either.  They have 2mg suboxone, but they're tiny and
hard to break up, as they're sublingual and tend to powder into dust.
You can still use the powdery stuff, but it seems to be more of a pain
in the ass than is worth the effort.  I'm with you, junkboy- the last
two were the worse.  I was switching over to a shorter acting opiate
(pre-ibogaine treatment), and because of the naloxone, had a very
rough time of it.  The oxy-contin did nothing to ease the sick, and
the opiate blocking qualities seemed to last for a lot longer than the
48-72 hours I was told would be it.  Then again, as Mr. Peet is
pointing out, that's just me (and junkboy).  I'd like to reiterate
that both methadone and suboxone did what they werer supposed to do
when I used them as the tools they were meant to be used as, but the
withdrawal on both is waaaaay too much for this chiquita.  I would
rather kick cold turkey than ever go back on either one again.  This
is also after almost 24 years of rather constant opiate and cocaine
abuse, keep in mind, and I've run back and forth between methadone
clinics, suboxone doc's and street pharmacists through the majority of
it.
Be aware of the depression factor with the suboxone, as junkboy also
brought up.  My friend that uses it primarily as an anti-depressant
tried to get off of it once and found herself crying in the fetal
position on her bathroom floor.  Though her bipolar condition was
present and being treated before the suboxone, and where it works
very, VERY well as such for her, getting off of it seems to create a
much more severe depression, and she has stated that she won't be
getting off of the suboxone ever, if she can help it.  The abuse and
illegal sales of suboxone are huge, particularly in Vermont, and
they're taking away everyone's 'take home' priveleges.  She hasn't
given them a dirty UA in over 4 years, and they've just informed her
that she'll be forced to come tri-weekly once again.  They've also
developed a tracking system with microscopic lot numbers given to each
patient and stamped into each pill of his/her specific script, so they
know exactly who the pills come from if caught in a sale, or
confiscated, etc.
"nuff said!
happy new year
tink