[Ibogaine] Ibogaine story

Phillip Fiuty phillipfiuty at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:29:39 EDT 2008

I mostly agree with you here. I ran into a similar situation 10 years ago in NA. I had been working with some people who were helping me kick using Ayuhuasca. I had done several sessions prior to actually stopping dope.
After two rehab attempts, I finally started going to NA meetings. Once there I quickly figured out that apart from a few close friends there, I could not divulge my plans to wait one year and re-engage with the sessions.
At one year, I did two sessions in one week. When I went back to my meeting scene, my friends noticed immediately that something significant had changed for the positive. On the other hand, I couldn't be straight with my sponsor or all the other people I was hanging around.
Since "honesty" is such an important piece to the whole program thing (and to living life as a whole, I might add), it all started to lose some of its integrity for me. I thought about feeling guilty, but I really didn't, and felt bad for those I saw suffering needlessly who might have actually benefited from a more holistic approach.
Of course I had other issues, like the whole "jails, institutions and death" trip. Drugs don't cause those things... society does. Etc.
Some of my best friends today are from those five years I 'worked it'. They were the ones that got it. Many of the ideas I have about keeping myself alive today were fostered by way of the 12 step stuff, but I refuse to go through every day comparing my life now to the last day I got high on dope and speed, which actually wasn't that bad.
PF