[Ibogaine] NYTimes.com: Russia Scorns Methadone for Heroin Addiction

j0n at just-say-know.org j0n at just-say-know.org
Wed Jul 23 11:46:38 EDT 2008

My personal view is that methadone is often not the best option. But it is
tried and true, since it's been used for something like 50 years now. In
that time, there's been abundant evidence that it does work for many
people and that people on methadone are healthier across the board than
street heroin users.

People in drug treatment need to have all the different treatment options
available to them because different treatment modalities work for
different people. To deny methadone as an option is really criminal.