[Ibogaine] NYTimes.com: Russia Scorns Methadone for Heroin Addiction

freedomroot at gmail.com freedomroot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:01:55 EDT 2008

This page was sent to you by: freedomroot at gmail.com.

Note last few lines: I am for any scientific, medical approach to treatment, said Albert Y. Zaripov, a former heroin addict who counsels users in Kazan. He began shooting heroin more than a decade ago with a group of 10 friends. Four are in jail, another four remain chained to their addictions, and two died. He alone quit, but after he had contracted H.I.V. If there is another treatment besides substitution therapy, theres no problem, he said. But I havent heard of anything else that has helped or that is more effective. Regards, Rachel

HEALTH | July 22, 2008
Russia Scorns Methadone for Heroin Addiction
By MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ
Though heroin abuse is widely linked to Russia's H.I.V. epidemic and the spread of criminality, the issue of methadone treatment is all but taboo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/22/health/22meth.html?ex=1217476800&en=598ceb1c76418e6e&ei=5070&emc=eta1

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
This e-mail was sent to you by a friend through NYTimes.com's E-mail This Article service.  For general information about NYTimes.com, write to help at nytimes.com.

NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company