[Ibogaine] Fw: The Evolution of Addiction Treatment

Kevin Walker kevin at ibogaineafricanrenaissance.com
Sat Jul 19 05:46:29 EDT 2008

To The List.

A patient forward this attachment and asked me please to publish it on
Mindvox for him!

Regards
Kevin
THE EVOLUTION OF ADDICTION TREATMENT- By Bareman                   12 July
2008

CHAPTER 1

"Try some of this." smiled Dean, handing my wife and I a small piece of
paper with some white powder in the centre.

"It's called cut or cat and is a chemical version of the plant ,cut, used to
enhance energy and concentration,much like a herbal version of cocaine."

15 minutes later we were driving to our magnificent , fully paid for house,
with our music studio, one of the finest and most magical in the country.

We were feeling motivated, on top of the world,energetic beyond belief and
excited about the prospects of life.

That powder sure had a kick to it, a kick that we would later  be directed
toward my manhood.

CHAPTER 2

Half an hour after arriving home and working passionately on a new song, we
felt the need for a little more of the magic powder.

"Hey Dean, got any more cat?"

"Sure, I make the stuff,but it's rather expensive to produce so I sell it to
my friends at 150 a gram."

"I"m coming back,give me 2."

I walked upstairs to our safe where we had about 100 00 rand in cash, and
took a mere 300 for Dean.

See, I figured for 300 rand we were so prolific and energetic that we could
do 2 days work in one, so why not?

We had tried Ritalin before and cat was like it's big brother in so far as
focus and energy was concerned.

Dean told me it was based on a naturally occurring herb, so what was the
harm?

CHAPTER 3

We finished working in the early hours of the morning, sustaining our
energies by topping up with another line every half hour or so,and let's
just say making love was explosive to say the least. Bonus.

Now as for our sleep life, the birds were chirping,the sun was rising and we
had no intentions of entertaining the notion of alpha/beta states as we had
to get our daughter ready for school.

Lucky we still had some left which we hastily finished. Fantastic, it felt
like we had just had a good ten hours of slumber and were ready for another
exciting day.

CHAPTER 4

After taking C to school, I popped into Dean's place with some more cash
from the safe.

"Give me 5 grams, I don't want to run out."

That day we went to our doctor complaining of insomnia. He obliged by giving
us a script for sleeping tablets.

We were set.

CHAPTER 5

Three years later:

We had invested in a house in an exclusive suburb which we were letting out
on the basis that the tenants rent would pay the mortgage.

Our tenants were moving out and we thought this the ideal opportunity to
move in and start a drug free life as the novelty had worn off and we
weren't feeling great anymore.

Dean had quit so we were getting from another supplier.

I will never forget the day 5 year old C walked into the studio and said
"You know what,dad? Taking drugs is like taking a brand new house and the
more drugs you take,the older and dirtier the house gets until it turns into
a dirty old cottage..................that's why you and mom want to move to
Dainfern."

She was sharp,real sharp.

CHAPTER 6

Eight years after our first encounter:

Here I sit, a divorced,lonely,broken,drug dependent 40 year old man.

All my accumulated wealth gone due to irrational investment,giving half of
it away and my 2 designer drugs of choice,Gamma Hydroxy Buturate and
Meth-cathanone (cat)consuming the rest.

No house,no studio,no friends,no family,no clients only the uncomfortable
cravings.

I had been to a 12 step conventional rehab a few years earlier and had
lasted 5 days.

Then my ex told me about Ibogaine, a naturally occurring hallucinogenic
plant derivative used by the Ubuntu tribe during ceremonials,which was
accidently found to stop cravings for heroin and other substances without
withdrawals.

See, a conventional 6 week rehab program teaches you how to deal with the
cravings, whereas Ibogaine nullifies the cravings without the much feared
withdrawals.

Don't get me wrong,Ibogaine is a tough route to take and the first 4 days
were filled with hallucinations and ataxia (partial loss of control of the
limbs.), but worth every second.

Here is part of an email I sent my friend pertaining to one hallucination I
experienced:

The process was uncomfortable and time passed slowly as the plant worked its
way through my brain "reformatting" my hard drive.

It is a hallucinogenic and makes you very aware on an introspective as well
as a spiritual level.

Day one and I started hearing ancient chanting which grew louder at
night,especially before sleep where my adventures would begin.

I heard a digeridoo type buzzing sound surrounding me and,as I dozed off,was
awoken by the buzzing of motorbikes and found myself in a skanky
hotel/nightclub surrounded by a massive amount of helmets belonging to a
deadly  gang.

They performed a ritual type ceremony in which they selected the new teenage
leader based on size and strength,and then out of the back of the club in
walks..........C, my 11 year old daughter.

She partakes in the ceremony and afterwards disappears.

I turn around and to my horror and disbelief,there she is........performing
fellatio on the new leader.

The leader walks up to me afterwards to shake my hand on raising such a
skilled daughter and feelings of rage,hoplessness and fear of being the
lowest of the low overwhelm me.

I tell C  in a calm,amicable way that her beauty and femina are the most
powerful weapons she has in a man's world which she should never give away.

"I didn't" she replied,pulling out R200 from her pocket.

Suddenly,I am awake,crying and shivering with the sickest sensation only
described as a dad's worst nightmare.

"Give up the narcotics or face the consequences" was the clearest,most
frightening message of the Ibogaine.

These type of hallucinations were experienced every night for the fist 4
nights which I can recall in detail, and then a euphoria was experienced.

That was 3 weeks ago and I have absolutely no inclination to even entertain
the thoughts of GHB or white powder.

I am finally at peace and motivated beyond reason to become a success
story,not a statistic.

Strange thing is I am attracting such positive energy now and feel more
confident and creative, whilst being more focussed and grounded than ever
before.

CHAPTER 7

In conclusion,Ibogaine definitely seems like the standard for treating
addiction over and above a very dated 12 step regime.

We are constantly evolving, and with evolution comes change.

Why go through a 6 week minimum rehabilitation program and still feel the
fear and uncertainty of a relapse when the alternative,Ibogaine, offers a
solution to constant cravings in a week with very little chance of relapse
as the body is brought to a state of homeostasis relatively quickly,
avoiding nasty withdrawal symptoms?

This is definitely a treatment for the individual who is sick  and tired of
feeling sick and tired and really wants to return to sobriety without having
to be taught how to deal with his/her addictive tendencies in a
condescending and uncomfortable manner of what I consider to be a sorely
outdated 12 step program.

Within 2-3 weeks of the Ibogaine treatment,my energy levels, motivation,
creativity and general well being had returned to a state of normality and
my world had changed from grey to a colourful appreciation with no desire to
return to the dark, uncomfortable place I had been in just a few weeks
earlier.

Beat that 12 step.

NHP / Dr Kevin Walker (Reg No: 6206429)

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from exposure under applicable law.   If the reader
of this message is not the sole authorised recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error
please destroy immediately. Whilst suitable precautions against virus
transmittal are taken by IBOGAINE AFRICAN RENAISSANCE (Pty)  Ltd (and
associated companies)
we cannot accept any responsibility for viruses or their consequences.

3 Harry van Wyk Street Norkem Park
Kempton Park
1619
Tel:+27 11 9764314