[Ibogaine] restriction or not

Henk knehnav at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 15 10:10:22 EDT 2008

Someone did sent me the next, I don't know where it came from,

The Netherlands, with its permissive marijuana laws, may be known as the
cannabis capital of the world. But a survey
<http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0050141&ct=1>
published this month in /PLoS Medicine,/ a journal of the Public Library
of Science, suggests that the Dutch don't actually experiment with pot
as much as one would expect. Despite tougher drug policies in this
country, Americans were twice as likely to have tried marijuana than the
Dutch, according to the survey. In fact, Americans were more likely to
have tried marijuana or cocaine than people in any of the 16 other
countries, including France, Spain, South Africa, Mexico and Colombia,
that the survey covered.

Researchers found that 42% of people surveyed in the United States had
tried marijuana at least once, and 16% had tried cocaine. About 20% of
residents surveyed in the Netherlands, by contrast, reported having
tried pot; in Asian countries, such as Japan and China, marijuana use
was virtually "non-existent," the study found. New Zealand was the only
other country to claim roughly the same percentage of pot smokers as the
U.S., but no other nation came close to the proportion of Americans who
reported trying cocaine.

--
Om Shanti, Jai Mataji, Jai Gangama.

Lost and Free Enterprises