[Ibogaine] MK 801??

j0n at just-say-know.org j0n at just-say-know.org
Mon Jul 14 10:35:53 EDT 2008

They're not contradictive if you read them carefully. NMDA antagonists are
neuroprotective in the case of brain trauma because they block what's
called the glutamate cascade. When a brain cell dies, it sends out
excessive amounts of glutamate that kills of other brain cells, which in
turn send out more glutamate and a chain reaction occurs. NMDA antagonists
stop this chain reaction, so they minimize the damage associated with
things like strokes, head injuries, etc.

On the other hand, there is some evidence the high doses of NMDA
antagonists can call what are known as Olney lesions, a sort of brain
damage. However this has only been demonstrated in rats and was not able
to be replicated using monkeys. Very little study of this phenomenon has
been done in humans.

> Aren't nmda antagonists supposed to be neuro protective? It just goes
> to show how many of these scientific studies are contradicting. most
> things I've read say that too much stimulation of nmda causes
> toxicity.
> Luke
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Warren Theriot <wleetheriot at ca.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Guess what happens when you take LSD with NMDA antagonists:
>> http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=7077
>> Warren
>>
>> On Jul 9, 2008, at 6:17 AM, Jim Hadey wrote:
>>

>> Hi Randy,
>>

>> It is mentioned in Wikipedia and Erowid.  It is said to cause brain
>> damage.
>> Sounds like a
>>
>> good thing to keep away from.  When you say MK 801 is that the same as
>> MK
>> Ultra??
>>

>> Best to ya,
>>

>>   - JIM

>>> for what they may have said about Ibogaine lately. I didn't find