[Ibogaine] MK 801??

j0n at just-say-know.org j0n at just-say-know.org
Sun Jul 13 13:10:47 EDT 2008

Yeah, basically the thing with ketamine is that occasional use is quite
safe... it's virtually impossible to OD on because the lethal dose is WAY
WAY more that the effective dose. And the dose used recreationally is much
lower than the dose used medically (as an anesthetic). There's mounting
evidence that occasional ketamine use can help treat depression, drug
dependence, and other psychiatric disorders.

In some people though it can be pretty powerfully psychologically
addictive.. and excessive use of ketamine can cause serious psychological
problems related to a detachment from reality. The famous physician and
psychoanalyst Dr. John C. Lilly went completely bat-shit mad towards the
end of his life as a result of his excessive ketamine habit.

As I mentioned before, there's also some evidence from experiments that
excessive ketamine (or PCP or DXM) use can cause Olney lesions, a form of
brain damage caused by high doses of NMDA antagonists. Though this
phenomenon has only been demonstrated in rats and is still fairly
controversial. Experiments testing high doses of NMDA antagonists in
monkeys (which have a much more similar biology to humans than do rats)
did not find any resulting brain damage. And very little study of this
idea has been done in humans. Several studies in rats have also failed to
reproduce this phenomenon.