[Ibogaine] Public Policy on Addiction and Politics of Self Medication

Eye of the Bhogi freedomroot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:32:12 EDT 2008

I mean,it reminds me, in the US context, of people seeking abortions in the
post-criminalization of abortion /  pre-Roe v. Wade era.

Women with resources who could afford to pay a doctor, they could have
unwanted pregnancies terminated.

Women with resources who could afford to fly overseas -- to Japan, to
Sweden, to Mexico -- could obtain, safe, medically-supervised abortions.

Women without resources... had more limited options.  If you were lucky, and
had a good midwife or herbalist or sympathetic doctor.... ok.  If you
weren't, you might still pay a fortune and end up with infections,
mutilation, hemmorraghe, etc.

Patrick from Texas -- if I had unlimited resources, I'd lawyer up and try to
find a loophole in the religious practices law to temporarily cover your
ass, get thee to New Mexico and cross for a spiritual initiation in the
North American Church of the SoT.  You could be our Rosa Parks.

xoxo
rachel