[Ibogaine] MK 801??

j0n at just-say-know.org j0n at just-say-know.org
Wed Jul 9 10:25:48 EDT 2008

There's some evidence that dissociatives (like MK 801, PCP, ketamine, and
DXM) can cause lesions if used heavily, although this idea is still
controversial and not especially well supported. At any rate, these sorts
of drugs certainly don't cause as much brain damage as drugs like cocaine,
alcohol, or methamphetamine. In fact, dissociatives can be used to protect
the brain in situations like strokes and head injuries, because they block
what's known as the glutamate cascade, a chain reaction of brain cell
death that occurs as a result of trauma to the brain.

MK Ultra, the "secret" government project to investigate mind control, was
mostly concerned with LSD. Although they investigated a number of drugs in
the course of the project.