[Ibogaine] welcome back

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Sat Jul 5 21:07:07 EDT 2008

On Jul 5, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Vector Vector wrote:

> I've missed the 150 msgs a day for the last 3 days ;)
>
> I know it's a dumb question that won't get answered, but can I ask
> what machines are running what? Whatever runs "mindvox" the whole
> domain, has never gone offline and if you scan it, stayed in place.
> But the website and ibogaine list were unreachable for 3 days.  Just
> curious, the machines won't respond to pings or id themselves, but
> its been there the whole time. I'm guessing you were changing
> hardware or adding stuff again.
>
> Whatever, thanks Patrick, Mixter, whoever is working in the
> background.

You're scanning a firewall, it won't ping back.  The firewall is just
an OpenBSD gateway to all the other machines.  There are different
servers and disc arrays behind it; you can't actually connect to
anything inside mindvox/phantom/whatever other domains (including the
mail system) without the firewall opening a tunnel to <some other
machine/some other port>.  It's just kinda an encrypted gateway to
everything else, it won't directly respond to you or allow you to
interact or query it, beyond showing that some ports are open/exist
and it's alive at that IP.

We added a RAID array and it hadda regenerate, thus 72hrs downtime.
Whatever has been sent at the lists during this time period should
just queue up and arrive in blips and bursts.

Patrick