[Ibogaine] interested!

Sheldon Pelletier jadensheldon at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 23 18:08:12 EST 2008

 Hi Randy thank you for your interest. Im sure youve posted about your experiences before but I would sure like to read about them. Also Laura and Jesse. It always inspires me to hear how different people get in contact with Iboga and the story behind it. I really enjoyed this PowerPoint and used it as a type of outline. http://www.doraweiner.org/wachtel.ppt.

   Yeah I do need help and I need help in getting the word out. My funding got cut off right before office equipment so I dont have a webpage or anything to help with the word.  The ambulance is actually an Armada. Which is the only vehicle with 84inches space in the back for a stretcher. It was a donation to start the center and it kills on gas. http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/armada/review.html but still extremely grateful.

   The setting here is only 10 minutes from the hostpital if I crank it. Its perfect. Not a sound. Nature all around. Comfortable. And out of the city. One day I realized Man I wish I could have detoxed here. But Ill get over it. Here is what it looks like. http://www.predatorridge.com/accommodations/lodge-details.php

  As far as safety goes what can I say? Im not a hospital, yet. I know I can boast medical equipment and capable nurses but thats a minimum. I can say that I have some experience in providing treatments (a handful). The reason it took so long to get everything prepared is because even in canada there is absolutely no liability for what we do. So I had to get inventive.

   As far as aftercare... After I took Iboga all I could think of is where is the it? Where are the other people who have seen what I just saw? I was aching for it.

   So now this is my attitude. When people come here for treatment its their birthday for 5-7 days. What could we expect from them when detoxing by any other means? Dont throw up on my shoes. So I get permission to talk to their "people" while they are going through treatment to help establish a network and a plan. If they dont have support we find them some.

   When I was at the ITH watching people go through treatments I noticed that after they achieve their fist sleep they wake up and often sometime during that day they go through a type of shock when they realize that it worked and they are free. No, you dont have to pick up your meth anymore. Yes youre fine. And then they want to talk about their experiences. Just based on that I decided to go to counselling school. I took a one year intensive course twice. Once for me, once for the travellers. It gave me a really good base. Allowed me to get out of myself to be a good listener.

   It was really hard to get it all set up. I kind of had to put my head down and just get it done. Now that I have I was really hoping for this lists help. Im young. Im not going anywhere. I can only learn more. So thank you Randy for your reply.

  Im doing my best to document everything really well in hopes that one day it can help to make a dent. Any suggestions in that area would be appreciated.
  Also there is an organization that is interested in Ibogaine for their HIV infected population. I have read what I can on the internet and asked a couple of doctors. I see that many poeple include HIV on their exclusion criteria. Im trying to find a reason Not too so that I can be thorough. But I cant seem to find any real reasons why we shouldnt. Any help? Links? Past experiences with Ibogaine & HIV? I will leave it at that for today. Thank you again for your time.

  Sheldon Pelletier

  Randy Faulconer <bicuitboy714 at gmail.com> wrote:
  I think we can change that header now

Thanx Sheldon, I'm glad that you came out of the closet and
spoke up my brutha. I tried to set up getting treated at the Iboga
Therapy House back in early 04, and it just wouldn't happen. I
eventually got treated by the underground on September 28th of that
year. I'll never forget that date.

God, what you are doing up there sounds like such a great
thing to be involved in. Need some help?? He He Having an ambulance
ought to make people feel better about what they are doing. What kind
of setting do you have. Do you have people that are helping with
aftercare? I wish that Ibogaine wasn't illegal here so we could start
a house for treatments and then support afterwards. Maybe one day.

I read what I could in the article until I had to buy it, and
then came back here to write you back. I may end up subscribing, I'm
not sure. Soooooo, don't take so damn long to say anything next time,
Cool?? I'd sure like to hear more about what you're doing up there
bro.

Peace Love and Solidarity

Randy
BiscuitBoy Blues