[Ibogaine] FW: Small, well-designed trial of ibogaine for opiate detox

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 13:50:20 EST 2008

Well, there are moves to get rid of non-Western approved medications in the
EU. The pharm business is about as murky as it gets, in my experience. It's
really darkness visible, devil-worshipping stuff. The idea is that you need
to demonstrate empirically that a medication is effective, or it gets hard
to sell it. Problem is that many medicines work more subtly and through
channels western science can't understand and thus disputes even exist.

Relating to Chinese medicine, back in the day doctors over there used to get
paid by patients who stayed well, not when you were sick. It gave the docs
an incentive to keep you healthy. Nowadays in the West it's the polar
opposite. Currently 11% of American women are on anti-depressant meds. It's
lunacy. You go to the doctors for anything and any suspicion of depression
and you're on some ssri. For years, or for life. Sheer madness. DSMIV now
has even more categories of depression, seemingly just so more and more
people can be prescribed anti-depressants - drugs which make the pharm
business a living fortune. Like I say, the whole thing is corruption
incarnate. </rant!>

Nick

  _____