[Ibogaine] Ibogaine--surgery

Steve Coss coss at blodgettsupply.com
Wed Feb 20 09:15:02 EST 2008

I have a question that I am hoping some one here could give me advice
on. I have been on opiates for 20 plus years due to multiple botched
operations and nerve damage done by a crazy deranged doctor. I took
Ibogaine 2 years ago and was amazed that I did not have any withdrawal
symptoms whatsoever. I hurt like hell but I was not dopesick.  I was
able to reset my needed amount to get pain relief but as usual it has
climbed back up and I am at levels I am not comfortable with. Here is
the deal. I have tried taking 50mgs a day or every other day to see if I
could reduce my opiate intake but for some reason it just does not
appear to work  for me that way. I tried 500mgs and I was under the
tripping threshold but I spent a pleasant afternoon curled up in bed
vegging out. Confession is good for the soul they say so here goes!
I am due to go in for some major spine surgery. They will in my doctors
words "reconstruct" my spine from L3 to S1. I actually do not mind the
short term pain of recovering from a operation as each day/week/month
gets better.  I do not do well lowering my intake of narcotics. Although
I have a medical need for this stuff I also have an addiction problem
and do a lousy job of how many I take in one day. I am trying to decide
if I should do a complete reset before I have the operation or after?
That's the question. There are reasons I suppose for either one but I
would just like to know what others on here might think.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve