[Ibogaine] Barcelona IbogainesessionsetforInternationalHarmReduction Conference

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Tue Feb 19 16:09:08 EST 2008

Those guys are the extremists. Most harm reductionists are skeptical
of Wodak because he was against peer overdose prevention with narcan
on the ground there was "no evidence" to support it despite the fact
it's standard medication for EMT's. He said drug users could never be
trained to use it correctly. Allan Clear and Luciano Colonna support
access to ibogaine as another harm reduction tool.

Peter Cohen is a legalization theoretician, so he doesn't count.
Wodak IS important because he holds sway all over South Asia, and
when he says ibogaine is full of shit, the Iranians listen.

But the question arises, if ibogaine is just another illicit drug,
what makes it SO much more dangerous than all the other illegal drugs
people are taking? The problem is that it threatens his political
agenda of extending the reach of maintenance drugs, because it isn't
one.

Dana/cnw